In the English language, we have a few ways to talk about the future. This can be very useful as it will help to demonstrate your level, making you look and sound like a native speaker. It is so important however to use the correct future tense when speaking.
Today, let’s look at the future with “going to.” Use these two points to help you express yourself using “going to.”
- Use it to talk about future plans or intentions.
- “I’m going to go to the supermarket after lunch.”
- “We’re going to watch a film, if you’d like to join us?
- Be + going to is for something that will happen, and you have information to suggest this.
- “Have you seen the sky? It looks like it’s going to rain.”
- “It’s been a long day. I think the baby is going to sleep well tonight.”
Tell us what you are going to do after reading this? Write in the comments below! 😀